This chocolate stout tiramisu is a real treat for chocolate lovers – made with Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout, which contains gently roasted organic chocolate malt and organic cocoa, it’s full of rich, chocolatey flavours. Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout has a delicious, smooth and creamy character, with inviting deep flavours and a delightful finish – it’s is the perfect marriage of satisfying stout and luxurious chocolate.
- 225g / 8 oz all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500ml / 17.5 fl oz dark cane syrup
- 125ml / 4 oz vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 175ml / 6 fl oz hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 250ml / 9 fl oz Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout
- 125ml / 4 fl oz triple sec or orange liqueur
- 60ml / 2 fl oz honey
- 4 large egg yolks
- 50g confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups mascarpone
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Butter a 9-inch (23cm) springform baking tray. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk the syrup, oil and egg. In a glass cup, stir the hot water with the baking soda. In 3 alternating additions, whisk the syrup mixture and soda water into the dry ingredients.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking tray and bake for 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a rack and let it cool before removing it from the pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the stout, triple sec and honey. Boil until reduced by half, which should take approximately 8 minutes. Pour into a shallow dish and let cool.
- Using a handheld mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until fluffy. Beat in the mascarpone.
- Cut off and save one-third of the cake for eating. Slice the rest of the cake to a thickness of 1/3 inch. Cut the slices into 3-inch pieces, saving the scraps. Dip the slices into the reduction and place in the bottom of eight 200ml ramekins. Dip the scraps into the reduction and use to fill in the gaps. Spread 1/4 cup of the filling over the cake in each ramekin. Repeat the layering of dipped cake and filling. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, let the tiramisu stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Sift cocoa powder over each ramekin and serve.
Comments are closed